Monday, January 10, 2011

Insincerity

The ones we love the most
Are the ones we always seem to hurt
We know they'll always come back
So our anger boils over and towards them we're curt

But one day they'be all had it
They won't put up with you anymore
Even the strongest got tired of pain
And didn't stick around for another encore

As it turns out the love wasn't real
You just enjoyed seeing them suffer
You thought those three words would always make it better
But none hung around long as the going got tougher

Even when it came to the one who loved you most
You trampeled them into the ground
Who said it is better to have loved and lost?
I wish this pain had never been found

I say it's over. I'm done feeling like this
I wish it could just be that easy
But at the end of the day the pain is still there
Leaving my head pounding and my stomach queasy

You say you're sorry but you're not sincere
And besides it's already too late
I'm left reeling in the dust
My insides aching, I'm not stable in my current state

No comments:

Post a Comment