Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Red, White, and Blonde

   A few weeks ago my friend and I were sitting at a gas station waiting for my mom to get gas. Shortly after announcing that she loves the smell of gas my friend turns to me and asks, "How do they get the chicken out of the egg before they sell it to you?" This question made me wonder how often she visits the gas station for fun. (As suggested by the title my friend is blonde.) Even my ten year old sister saw the hilarity of the question. Once you make it to the third grade shouldn't chickens and eggs be common sense?

   I know it seems like I'm picking on blondes but here's one instance that the blonde outsmarted all the rest:  A few years ago my cousins were over for dinner. My mom had made chicken, potatoes, corn, and green beans. Out of the four kids none of us had any green beans on our plate. My mom, noticing this, says, "If you all try one green bean I'll give you each a dollar." Reluctantly we all take the one green bean and, as quickly as we could, chew and swallow it. After she has distributed the four dollar bills, my four or five year old (blonde) cousin stands up and says, "I already liked green beans, Aunt Angie, but thanks for the dollar!"

    To all the blondes out there, thank you for making life a little more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment